Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

GOOGLE SLIDES FEATURE UPDATE: Add Google Drive Videos into Google Slides Presentations

Over the past few years, I have been utilizing Google Slides more than any other platform for presentations.  I love being able to access it from any device and the ability to add collaborators is second to none.  One of the major down sides to using Google Slides however, has always been with adding video.

If any of you have tried embedding video into a Google Slides presentation, you will know that the only option has been to embed a video through YouTube.  This in my mind has provided limitations to the videos I wanted to embed, often times adding additional steps if I wanted to use my own video or forcing me to use links.  

I am excited to say with a new feature in Google Slides this is no longer the case.  This new feature will now allow you to embed video stored in Google Drive into a slide presentation.  Once the video is added from Drive you can access Video Options to specify where you want the video to start and end, enable autoplay during a presentation and toggle audio on and off.  


Please note a few things:  
  1. Adding video to a presentation through Google Drive is only available on the web version of Slides, but viewing them is possible on both web and mobile.  
  2. If you've shared your presentation ensure your video is shared as well.  If the video is not shared, those users who do not have permission to view the video will have the option to request access. 













No comments:

Post a Comment